Wednesday, November 30, 2011

:(

It has been a while since I really sat down and write.

Been wanting to, but either I got too tired before I even started or I lost the urge the moment I get to it.

Whatever lah...

Today the urge got a bit stronger, and I thought I should get it done once and for all and get the blog all warmed up again.

A (distant) friend lost his father today to a battle with the big C. I could not help but feel numb when I received the news from a mutual friend of ours. I know how his father had been his biggest supporter; he must be devastated. I wish I could offer him more than just a text message bearing the words he must have heard over thousands of times today. Alas, I am just another distant friend.

Instead I poured my sympathy on another friend who shared his own devastating news - that his eldest son may have mild autism. They would only confirm it this coming weekend. He looked really devastated - I don't blame him. I gave him all the positive, most encouraging words I could dig from my heart, though all the time knowing that none of my words could soothe his pain.

*sigh*

I guess now that my generation has arrived at the stage where life is no longer about the car we drive or the notebook we own or the phone we carry. It has come to the point where life and family matters more than material beings. It matters more to us if our kids can't read than if we would not get that year-end bonus. Priorities have slightly shifted, and it tugs at my heart realizing that I am not the only one who have mellowed down and changed my perception in life.

I pray the best for both of my male friends - may Allah gives you the strength you both need in this trying times of your lives.

Ameeenn....


No comments: