Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Paths Intertwined...

I was waiting for the elevator when a familiar face joined the wait. I could not make out when or where I had seen him before. I kept stealing a glance at him, trying to remember. My memory went as far as a decade back. But it did not click what was it that I encountered this man. All I know was that it had been a while since I last interacted with him.


You have to agree with me that life has got it's own funny way of intertwining the path of strangers. Even until now, I am intrigued at the fact that some people I got to know in my life knew each other at a different time. For example, Kak H, whom I got to know at my short stint in a particular university, happens to be a pet sister of M whom I knew back when I was in a preparatory program. It surprised me to know that Kak H also knows S, who is also a friend I knew at the same program. Kak H and S seemed to have worked together after coming back from the States.

And this is not the only example that intrigues me.

One night I was chatting with a friend who was tracing her past flames through the net. She found one, and he had the pictures of his family posted on one of the social networking sites. She told me that his wife looked very familiar to her. Being the kay poh chee that I am, plus I would like to see the face that devastated my friend's heart once upon a time ago, I asked her to share me the link to the photo. The next thing I knew, I was laughing so hard that I almost gasp for air... Apparently, her past flame married someone I know, and I was at their function a week before!

Such is the web of our paths, crossing one another for no reasons we can comprehend.

I also know of a man who fell in love with his classmate, to whom he never even said 'hi' before, 18 years after they left school. They both led different lives, had separate experiences and out of nowhere not only found each other, but also found love. Amazing, isn't it?

:)

Which reminds me of a friend's Facebook status. Ila wrote: 'Love at first sight is easy to understand; it's when two people have been looking for each other a lifetime that it becomes a miracle!'

Sweet, ain't it?

Owh, by the way, that guy I saw at the elevator... well, he was the panel doctor for the company that I worked with before. I finally remembered while driving home. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon

Thanks for writing this blog, loved reading it

Anonymous said...

Great post, I am almost 100% in agreement with you