Thursday, August 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Malaysia...

Can I blame the fasting month for me not being patriotic this year? Or may be the lack of TV watching?

But whatever it is, I know the non-anticipated passing on Yasmin Ahmad has affected the nation greatly. It does seem that we are now lost, without a voice leading us towards the feel of belonging.

But why do we need a voice to make us feel belonged in this country we called ours? Why we allow the politicians to harp on unity issues that are actually nonexistent? Why do we allow them to divide us? And conquer our minds with non-sensical non-ethical accusations...

We are all Malaysians by birth. We are all born with equal rights. It is up to us to decide what shape we take, what move we make and what future lies before us.

And for the love of this land, I will once again inspect if my Jalur Gemilang is in good shape to dance in the Melawati breeze.

Happy birthday, Malaysia...

No comments: