Sunday, April 11, 2010

Thunder, Rain and My Mom

I was sitting at my parents living room when thunder started to sound. In less than a minute, rain started to pour.

My father and sister was staring at the blank television that had no signal from Astro.

As I looked up from White and onto my father and the whole house, I was brought back to days of me growing up.

In those days, whenever there was thunder, my mom would quickly switch off all electrical appliances. I remember getting scolded thousands of times because I refused to switch off the television when there was thunder and lightning. I hated rain back then... it took me away from my favorite series.

We would sit in the dark until the rain stopped. Really was not fun.

But today the scene was totally different - 3 fans still turning, one television turned on, the house was well lit. For a moment I wanted to asked my mom, when did she change her attitude towards thunder and lightning... But I didn't want to spoil it...

I love my mom... :)

No comments: