Wednesday, July 14, 2010

An Experience...

It was like a dream came true.

The moment I walked into the set, I was in disbelief. The set was cramped despite it occupying the whole of the ground floor of a government office. There were 3 cameras pointing to 2 headless mannequin. Wires were everywhere like slithering snakes and worms. The lighting was very bright. As I was briefed by the assistant producer, someone lifted my baju kurung from the back. I didn't move, as if already knowing that he was actually putting the sound equipment on me. I stretched out my hand in a scarecrow manner, and let him and his assistant do their job.

I was nervous to the max!

I knew I had my cool face on, but I was truly scared. I told myself, "You need to do this! You want to do more of this."

There were moments when I looked around and endulged in myself being the center of attention of some 20 sets of eyes. It was as if I was transformed into a small girl, playing princess in a make-believe castle. I saw each of their expressions; I returned their smiles. For those moments, I felt as if I lived for this.

I did about 20 takes of 4 different lines. I forgot my lines twice, but I made the crew laughed on my mistakes. Hey, even a seasoned talent forgot her lines! *winks*

The talents wrapped up at about 5:30pm, which made it a total of 6.5 hours of work on a Sunday. I didn't mind the wait one bit, for just a shot at television commercial stardom.

Even if this would be my one and only try, I will forever cherish the experience, the marvel and the fun.


The Dynamo Girls

No comments: