Friday, March 27, 2009

A Satisfied Customer

So you now know I am a dissatisfied-ever-fretting ex-customer of Maxis.

The fateful morning of 8 February 2009 saw me all excited and nervous when I received these SMSes after my usual morning walk:

'Your line is about to be activated on the DiGi network. Please replace your SIM card with your new DiGi SIM card as soon as your current line stops working.'

Knowing I had some amount left in my 9 years old Maxis Hotlink line, I frantically texted a number of friends just to use up the prepaid credit. I had about 15 minutes of frantic-texting when my Maxis line suddenly stalled and Stealth had 'No Line' icon shouting at my face.

Excited and nervous at the same time, I carefully peeled off the new Digi sim that was delivered to me a week earlier. I was excited at the thought of telling friends my 012 is now a Digi number; nervous as I still wasn't sure if my switch was due to my anger with the provider or if I was doing the right thing as all my frequent SMS buddies (dear daddy and sister inclusive) are all on Maxis.

New yellow sim card in place, I switched on dear faithful Stealth.

And I was welcomed by:

'Congratulations! Your switch to DiGi is now complete. We look forward to serving you. For further assistance, please call 016 2211800 at any time.'

Followed by another:

'Welcome to DiGi! This mobile number is successfully registered.'

I felt bittersweet. Questions upon questions came to my mind - How do I top now? Do I get automated top-up? Do I get to do my transactions online?

You see, with Maxis for the last 8 years, I was able to top-up via it's IVR, credited directly to my mastercard. And the call to the IVR was free. But it was the problem with the IVR was the main reason why I had the grudge with Maxis, as every so often when my card expired, I had to physically visit a Maxis center and fill up my details and it would take days (sometimes weeks) for it to get updated, and as you may well know me, I am not much of giving patience where patience is not due.

The last straw was when Maxis KLCC took more than 3 weeks to get my card details updated. That provoked the switch.

So now I'm a Digi customer. Being a conquerewak that I am, I explored my options. And I was stumped.

If I could top-up via IVR with Maxis, I have 3 methods to do so with Digi. I could have auto top-up - my line is automatically topped with my predefined amount when my balance reaches a certain threshold; I could use SMS top-up - I text to Digi and it'll do the rest; or I could choose to do it online via web.

Talking of web. I'm not much of a yellow person, but Digi's website is none I want to stay away from. And oh, it's OCR - Online Customer Relationship - I tell you, Hotlink kalah big time!!!
But I wanna tell you what made me happy since that fateful morning, especially when I first received this text:

'Super SMS : You have spent RM0.50 on SMS today. All your SMS to DiGi are now free for the rest of the day!'

Hallo!!! I probably text for 1 sen on Maxis to Maxis, but who can top FOC Digi to Digi? (ok...ok... Umobile has that too but hey, Digi's coverage is even wider!)

So, c'mon people! Those on 016 text me, I text you back for free!!

:D

No comments: