Sunday, April 12, 2009

Welcome Home, White!

It was an accident. Yes, it was! The silly me had put White on the floor thinking that it would be the safest place from accidental step-ons.

But what I was not aware of was, how forgetful I can be at times.

So one morning as I got out of bed, crrrr-aaaaaa---cccc--kkkk... the sound went in a split second. I hardly remembered what it was. Darn! But the sound was so soft that I didn't think the damage would cause a big dent in my pocket!

I quickly stashed White in its usual place.

That was on Monday. And I totally forgot of the incident.

Come Friday. My heart screamed the moment I saw moss-like liquid-thingy hovering the cracks on White. What is that? Then I remembered...

The soft sound!

My heart stumped. It's dishearting enough to discover that this month's expenses has been blown out of proportion, what's more to know I have to get White's screen replaced. Such a silly mistake!

A quick call to Acer Hotline punched more holes in my vital-blood-punping-organ. RM700 max for a teeny-weeny screen? I wished my heart just stopped and I'd fall to die that instant.

Rushing to the service center in Times Square did not do me any good either. I was told to go to Subang if I need to get White fixed quickly. More days to stare at my silli-ness. More regrets to swallow. More pain to bare... *sigh*

The following Monday I sent White in. Feeling rather empty and lost, I was praying that White would come home safely soon enough before my travels. The service guy was pretty darn cold, making me feel even more dumb for thinking I'd never do such damage. No promises on the figures I will need to fork out, nor on the date I'd get White back. I left the place feeling all down and regretful.

The next afternoon, the service center called. A kind and polite lady slowly broke it to me that White's surgery would cost me RM400. Do I want to proceed, she softly asked. "Oh yes, of course!" I replied.

The following morning, another lady called. Not as kind and soft as the previous one, but still as pleasant. White is ready, she told me. And I was all smiles.

When I held White again in my hand, I promised no more silly mistakes.

Welcome home, White! I missed you!

:)

No comments: