Saturday, May 29, 2010

Finally A Piece for Her...

She asked me to write about her once.

I asked her, "What can I write about you?" She said, "I dunno, you're the writer..."

That was almost a year ago. I brushed it off, and thought I'd never have anything to write about her or her life.

But today after being on the phone with her for an hour, thoughts upon thoughts came to me on the friendship that has lasted for several years.

We both started as colleagues thrown into a newly formed division. We never actually spoken to each other before other than times when we had teh tarik with others. My initial impression on her was that she was direct, opinionated and open. But hey, can I reserve that for any girls that came from an all-girls school? ;) Then I found out that she and I were the same age. And we shared the same level of thinking.

Circumstances made us closer - kids, life, work, views on anything under the sun. We escalated from being colleagues to close friends. We opened up and let each other into the most private of our lives, things we hardly share with a normal friend. We cried and rejoiced on the smallest of things; we laughed and sighed and we kept our silence through pains and hurts.

The thing about her is that she is not afraid to tell me off if she is against my decisions or actions. And she dares to put her reservations across. She would always challenge me and question me and there have been many times that she had me rethink. I know she wasn't happy with certain things that I went ahead with, but I know she always has my back if I screw up. 

When she decided to quit her job, I knew all along that we would still be in each other's lives. Her being in Klang area is never a deterrance for a lunch date or a lengthy catch up session. Calls and chats and texts have never ceased since.

And every time we would pick up from where we left off, as if we never really left off in the first place.

Beb, I know I have been blessed with many things in my life. And one of the blessings is you. Love you, beb!
:)

No comments: