Monday, February 22, 2016

For Tisya

I guess I have to resort to writing to you here.

I can't post much on FB anymore as there are so many eyes reading and not so many responding. I can't be looking like I am pooling sympathizers when I post a status about you. I don't need people to judge my parenting style; though I am not perfect, I believe I have been pretty much on track with you the last 3 years. Nor I want people to console me and tell me that I have done so much and that we both deserve a pat on our back.

I just want you to know that despite whatever result that you will see on that piece of paper this coming 3rd March, it is just a piece of paper.

I know you have tried your best, though probably not the very best, but we both know it was not an easy journey for you.

And the journey is not going to stop here.

And the journey is not going to be any easier from here on.

Life is going to be tougher for you; expectations are going to be higher. Heavier responsibilities from all angles - financial, emotional, physical, mental, everything. And we both know, more often than not, either of us are going to stumble, cry, wail, give up, but we also know that we are going to hang on, crawl on both hands and feet, scour for all strength and get back on our feet eventually. And we both know too, that I have your back. All the time. No matter what. You know that I will always be here to set you straight, to remind you that Allah exists, and to push you to believe in yourself even when you feel like no one else does.

If you ever fall this 3rd, please remember that there is always hikmah in everything. There is always a reason for everything to happen, though we will only see it in retrospective. Allah closes one door for you, but He opens better doors after. Trust in Him, bersangka baik pada Allah for He knows what is best for all of us.

Even if you don't fall, take this past journey as a lesson. Learn your weaknesses, harness your strengths, realize your potential. Move on, move forward. Repeat what you did right and avoid those you did wrong. Not only in your next phase of education but also in life -- no matter in any friendship, relationship or any kind of ships that may float you. :)

Always, always remember what I said to you the day you came back from your Add Math paper: It does not matter to me how many A's you score. I am already proud of who you have become, of who you are. You have come a long way from where you first started. To me, you have already scored A in life as a teenager, and no other A's can top that. I will always be proud of you for your efforts in trying to become a holistic person, of trying to be a better daughter, of being a human.

Keep pursuing that A in your next phase in life, insya Allah, you will do well.

And though I hardly hug you, kiss you or tell you that I love you, please in whatever situation, in any kind of weather, remember that you, Sofya, Schera and Azfer are always in my heart, my top priorities and loves of my life.

I will always pray for your happiness, your success and place in Jannah, till my dying breath.

With all my love,

Mama

No comments: