Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I was pleasantly surprised to find Uncle B standing on my front porch, all perched up by the wall dividing our porch with Uncle L's, deeply engrossed in discussion with Uncle L. I politely smiled, got into Blue and quietly started the engine. They didn't bat an eyelid at me.

When I reached home 5 minutes later, they were still there.

And they were talking about politics - specifically PAS and UMNO.

During the last general election, I had the impression that Uncle L is a loyal MCA supporter. I never spoke of politics with Uncle B, but now I am under the impression that he is a staunch supporter of PAS.

And here I am, right smack in between, with a Malaysian flag hanging from my house grille 24/7 365. No political affiliation, yet a radical commentator of the political situation.

But not until lately. Honestly, I purposely stayed off any political news of late. They either nauseate me, make me sleepy or make me want to start my engine and go hit the politicians' heads. I believe the nausea started around the time when UMNO was to pick their candidates for the new helm. The pictures, the backstabbing statements, the revealing information (or so-called), they all made my head spin worse than migrain!

Then came the actual convention. Splashes of UMNO reds were all over the newspapers; at first I felt that it was the Lunar New Year, but when the red lasted for nearly a week I realized it wasn't the Lunar New Year, but it was the Circus Convention. More pictures, more backstabbing statements, more uncalled-for advises... what an affair!

When the whole thing ended with Najib finally walking to his throne, I was already too numb to comment or to even feel dizzy. I was zombied. But then, like a zombie crucified and turned into an immortal, I was awakened by a front page picture. THE picture. It made me laugh because it made it all too obvious. That life in politics are all scripted, planned and orchestrated.

Which picture you ask me?



* Picture courtesy of NST.

Need I say more?

:P


No comments: