Friday, October 24, 2008

Meltdown

When I was in my Economic 101 class, and learning about recession, I prayed that I never have to experience it.

Recession sounded big and terrifying. I imagined dark clouds hoarding the skies, all dull and gloomy, life so sad and unpretty.

Then a month ago, it dawned to me that it is already recession... that the economy is going down instead of up. And it is slowly but steadily going down. Then news about other countries trying to revive their economic situation start coming. Financial institution having hard times, interest rates steathily increased, stock markets fall below certain marks. It is recession, and I'm living through it. Though not as scary as I had imagined it to be but still it is scary. Money has no value, work becomes scarce, projects halted. It will go even lower than now to a point where things just can't go lower anymore and then, and only then, it will start to move up... as slow and as steady as it had when it went down.

I start seeing less patrons at food stalls. People have started to have homecooked meal.

Slowly things will go for the worst... And I'm living through it... Scary....

P/S: Though it's a sad economic state, let's just have a happy Deepavali, ok? :D

No comments: