Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Nothing Interesting

I schemed thru The Star the past 2 days and nothing interesting caught my eyes. Could this be for real? That nothing interesting is happening on the Malaysian soil other than some old man promising to annouce his stand in defending his post? I pried each and every one of the columns, right to the classifieds and no, nothing interest me at all. I forced myself to read about a man who denounced his son publicly as the son who owed the Ah Longs a huge sum has gone missing and leaving his family to the wrath of the Ah Longs. Then I looked at the smiling face of Raja Petra walking out of court, looking more like Harith Iskandar than himself, with a Giant plastic bag hanging from his left wrist. I read about him having finished reading 9 books while detained. I flipped further and saw Eva Longoria-Parker who went campaigning for Obama. Pretty woman, I thought to myself. Reading the newspaper has never been so uneventful.

Oh well. I suppose everything slows down when the economic graphs turn downwards.

Then, my phone beebed. A text message. I read the message, I was puzzled. I read it again and again. Then, I got it. When I did, I felt like throwing the phone to the wall!

The message read "Nikmati 20 SMS Percuma (Maxis ke Maxis) di dalam akaun anda. Satu cenderahati istimewa utk meraikan hari ulang tahun anda melanggani khidmat prabayar Hotlink." Loosely translated: Enjoy free 20 SMSes (Maxis to Maxis) in your account. A special token to celebrate your anniversary of subscribing to Maxis prepaid service.

Huh?? What the??

Did they know that I've been subscribing for 10 years already? A meager 20 free text messages doesn't come close to the amount I spent topping up and keeping my number active. This is an insult!!! What's more, I only pay 1 sen for every Maxis number that I frequently text! That only comes up to 20 sen of so-called token of appreciation! 'Special' sommo I tell you! Wallauweh... Daylight robbery nih!

OMG, I felt so cheated!

Come on la Maxis, spare me your BSes. I'm only keeping this number coz I've had it for a decade. Please check your system what kind of grievances that I've had the past 10 years, and please acknowledge accordingly. 20 sen as opposed to the thousands you've reaped from me? Gosh, you must think I'm dumb.

But then again, I maybe am. Maybe I am dumb to stay longer than I should, Maxis or anything else, for that matter.

I'm looking for ways to subscribe to the Multi Number Package right now. Maybe I should let Digi become my carrier instead. Kedekut punya Maxis! Need to teach 'em a lesson. Let it lose one customer... But, maybe it doesn't notice at all. *sigh*

Oh well, at least that made my adrenaline pump all over. Least it made the night slightly more interesting. :p

No comments: