Friday, November 14, 2008

If Only...

I came across this yesterday. The news piece was on Bush giving Obama a tour of the White House while having some private discussion.

The piece stated:

Bush also said that before he met with the president-elect, he called former President Clinton to recall a similar meeting the two had after Bush was elected.

"I said `Bill, I'm getting ready to meet with the new president and I remember how gracious you were to me,'" Bush said. "'I hope I can be as gracious to President-elect Obama as you were to me.'"

Isn't that nice? I have a feeling that when Bush said that, he meant it. Here he was, a Republican president calling a former Democrat presiden, saying that in a way "I owe it to you for being nice to me and I'm passing it on for the good of this nation". And he was nice to another Democrat who will take over his place for the next 4 years or so.

If Bush can be a humble human, why can't we?

2 comments:

Nur H said...

salam, agree with u. ha....Happy Birthday!!

997 said...

Hullo i.j.a! u agree eh? a belated happy birthday to u too!