Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Denial

Denial is something that I breathe. If you meet my other half, pull him aside for a private conversation and ask him what i've been denying these whole years and he'll give you a mighty long list. Take your pick; i'll deny most of his claims.

But the one thing i'm conciously denying is my age. I've no qualms telling strangers that I am a thirty-something, but I just can't accept the fact that I AM thirty-something. That's what I call concious denial - I conciously deny a certain fact that I profess. Now that when I look at it, where did my twenty-something years go? The whole 10 years of it? I mean, I can imagine not noticing a year passed by but 10? I must be having amnesia!

Just 2 nights ago I realized how much my eldest one has grown. All these while I see her in school uniform and I constantly have images of her stuttering to answer my interrogations ala CSI style.






















But that night she just changed to become a half girl-half woman. I, who denies being a thirty-something, who constantly wishes to be a twenty-something, who still goes ga-ga over boybands, who listens to pop, am now a mother to a teenager.






















Talk about being in denial.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aawww....she's so sweet.!!!! wish i have one like yours...can pinjam meh????

10 years lagi? i bet she's married n u waiting for cucu...hehehehehehee :p

997 said...

Cucu? OMG! Would I still be singing to BSB and Daughtry by then? Will BSB and Daughtry still be around by then? HAHAHHAHAHHAHA... OMG, denial...denial...