Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Come On! Hop On the Facebook Bandwagon!

I was introduced to Facebook about a year ago. A friend who was on sabbatical in the States invited all his colleagues, including me to sign up. I remember him talking about this "kewl" thing - a mixture of blogging, sharing picture albums, and loads of other stuff. I was already exposed to blogs at that time, only that I blogged once and it just didn't feel right.

So when Julian was so enthusiatic about Facebook, I signed up. At first it was a pening thing for me. I wondered what to do, where to click, what happens when I click. No manuals to refer to, just hands-on experience.

One of the first long-lost friends I found was Shake. Then Bart, and then I got excited. The friends list became more and more, and I was focused on looking for college and school friends. I became addicted and invited more friends to join. When I found these old friends, I made sure I editted the friend's details and go the extra mile to get them to approve it.

Soon, I got in contact with many whom share the same alma mater and those whom I haven't met in close to 20 years. Such a great thing, this Facebook!

Facebook was mentioned in CSI, Facebook was used in Maxis' advertisement, and today - an article spoke of a Malaysian lady in Hong Kong using Facebook to seek assistance in getting powdered milk for her child. WOW! Such tool!

So if you haven't joined the bandwagon yet, hop on! I promise you that you'll not be disappointed!

:D

No comments: