Friday, September 12, 2008

Does It Make A Difference To You?

I know I often formulate wierd ideas. Not that I impose them on anyone, but more often than not, I share it.

My latest formulation (is there such word?) is that the recent 15 sen reduction in petrol price has encouranged the people of KL to drive more compared to when the petrol price was hiked some month ago.

You think 15 sen less makes you drive more?

What makes me say so, you ask. Well, I travel every morning from home to Jalan Aman, chauferring my eldest to school. In those days when petrol price wasn't yet RM2.70, I had to leave home at 6:40 am the latest if I didn't want to get caught in the jam. 6:40 am - smooth riding from Ulu Klang right up to the elevated highway (AKLEH) that took about 7 minutes. Anything after that, no school!

Then, the petrol price hike happened. Much to my happiness (and I found this out accidentally by waking up late), that leaving home at 7 am gets me to school in 15 minutes! Wahhh... ini sudah cukup bagus! Really! No kidding... the road was not hectic, less cars, smooth sailing all the way...

But when the price was reduced - by a mere 15 sen, I remind you, more cars came back on the road!! Tisya has to log her late attendance this morning, thanks to me taking my time in the bathroom and to the slower-than-snail traffic! We left home at 3 minutes to 7, got to the elevated highway at 7:25!!

No, not the drizzle. No drizzle! No, not the accident. No accident!

Just cars... inching away...

So, does 15 sen make a big difference? It doesn't to me, maybe it doesn't to you. But seems it does to many others. :P

No comments: