Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Have Been A While (The Inadvertant Has Come!)

I think it has been a while since my last post. Wasn't too busy, only too busy layan-ing my swollen gum the whole of last week. I think I did do a draft on my phone to post, during one of those nights I couldn't sleep but when I read it again, I felt it wasn't the in the right tone.

Oh well...

Anyway, Ramadhan has been a week now. The first week passed so quickly. Of course, I was on MC for 2 days - the longest I've ever taken in my employment history other that maternity (need I brag!), tau-tau already 1 week! Time flies nowadays, regardless if you're having fun or not! :D

It's different this time round for me. Different in a sense that, when most Ramadhan I lose weight, this time I put on! Thus the subtitle - The Inadvertant Has Come! I had a hunch that all of my power-walks effort will go down the drain when I decided that I have no will-power to power-walk during Ramadhan. And went down the drain, it did! In no less than a week, too!

Aiyo! What happened? I feel flabbier, heavier and no energy! I stared at the mirror in the room to find bulges smiling back at me, when they were whimping and whining some 1 week back! And I dare not even touch the scale! Every time I pass it, I wish it's sleeping or some sort and not noticing me pass by. :P

So what encouraged the bulges? Lemme see.... There was other half's office buka puasa at our house last Friday. That had me stuffed barbeque-d lambs and beef, and some cocktail sausages. And tasteful, huge samosa - courtesy of the only lady in his office. Then there was buka puasa with Mohan and wife at a the house again, the very next day. We had wonderful nasi bukhara - bought at Syed's, and some sweet local delicacy. That too stuffed me to the max. By this time, my swollen gum had wondered why it was swelling yet I was having fun stuffing and piling food on it!

The leftovers from these all turned sahur into a feast, adding more to the happiness of the bulges... Gosh....

Then there was LIMA 09's buka puasa do on Monday. Though I only stuffed myself with teh tariks and coffees, I have a feeling the bulges were very happy with the glucose contents, something they can turn into their playmates.

Wonder if my baju raya will fit...

2 comments:

Muni Samad said...

Hi 997,
You better go find a solution to your swollen gums.. it would not go away.. and maybe it will come around not once every month.. maybe every month or every fortnight ! Scary as it is.. it's one of those things .. you gotta do what you gotta do...

997 said...

:P

Will do, maam! tapi.... takuuuutttt....