Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Poor Little Thing

This morning I was hyped to comment on Raja Petra being detained under ISA. I was having flashes that it was the headline in all major newspapers and I was all set to blurt out my feelings on the matter.

But the instant I stepped into the office, I was stunted.

On the front page of The Star, a cute smiling face of an 8-year old, with braided piggy tails. And the bigger picture showed her mom, face all swollen from crying. The little girl was found dead, in the toilet of her school. She fell and she was gone. While I was reading the news, I couldn't help but hold back tears. I was imagining little Yap Li Xuen moments before she blacked out, in that cubicle. Was she feeling pain? Was she feeling hurt? Was she wanting to call her friends to let them know she was not feeling well? I felt so sad for her... She must have felt helpless...

Poor little thing. What did she feel when she fell? Was she still alive then? Was it painful for her? Was she screaming but in actual noone heard her because her voice didn't come out?

I couldn't imagine what that tiny body was going through, what that small brain was emitting.

:'(

Then I thought of the parents. They must be devastated. 5 years ago, they lost their elder daughter at age 5 to brain tumor. Yesterday they lost Li Xuen. I lost a baby and I almost went crazy. Took me 8 years to recover. Them? Lost 2 babies in a short span... Only faith can hold them together, and love... I pray they have ample of both.

If I can meet Li Xuen's mother, I would cry with her...

No comments: